Whenever I travel for an extended trip, let’s say more than 10 days, I have to make careful packing decisions. I never want to bring more than I need but if I am traveling for a couple of weeks I will probably run out of clean clothes with just a backpack or carry-on sized bag. I have no problem simply doing laundry on the road and sometimes it is a fun experience finding a local place to wash your clothes and hang out. In SE Asia you can find countless places that will wash your clothes by the kilo(just beware, they like to go heavy on the bleach). I can almost always wear my jeans over and over again and re-wear a t-shirt but underwear and socks? No thanks. The point is there will be times when you need to do laundry.
That is where the Scrubba Washbag comes to the rescue. It is simple, small, and relatively cheap at $40 when you pre-order. Scrubba fuses old and new technology to clean your clothes. It is like a modern day washboard for the 21st century.
Scrubba Washbag Review
To wash clothing, users simply need to:
- add 2-4 litres of water, several items of clothing, a few drops of washing liquid (body wash or shampoo also works well);
- seal the Scrubba wash bag;
- expel air from the Scrubba wash bag through the valve;
- place the Scrubba wash bag on a table or the floor;
- rub the clothes against the flexible washboard from the outside of the Scrubba wash bag for 20-40 seconds;
- Rinse the clothing;
- Hang the clothing to dry.