A laptop sleeve may seem like something not worthy of a review but after using this for a few months and testing it to the max I can honestly say its worth the money and needed for anyone with a MacBook Air. My MacBook Air is probably the most important gadget I travel with besides my DSLR which is why those are the items I go out of my way to protect.
I went with the The Booq Vyper over just a simple sleeve since it offered a full zippered enclosure along with pockets on the inside for additional storage. It still maintains a slim profile while providing more protection than a typical sleeve. If you carry a backpack with a built in sleeve this may not be completely necessary but many of my packs do not have them and if they do I still want the extra protection.
Specs from Booq Vyper
- Minimalist & stylish protection for your laptop, the perfect case for any environment
- Tough outside: rugged, water-resistant 1682D Cross-weave ballistic nylon exterior
- Soft inside: non-scratch interior lining
- High quality YKK zipper; zipper does not come in contact with laptop
- Two zipper pulls for added convenience
- 1/4” molded foam construction- thin and lightweight
- No handles – slips easily into your favorite bag and protects your laptop against scratches
- Limited 5-year Warranty
I actually carry the 11″ Air but since that is a much less popular model I have listed the 13″ and there is case for each.
If you want to read some more reviews on this case and see what else is out there check out these forums from MacRumors.
- The case does not scratch laptop
- Full enclosure and protection from elements
- Does not add too much size to laptop
- Extra storage for external hard drives inside or passport
- No need to take laptop out at security checkpoints
- It will not fit your magsafe adapter well (but no sleeve really will)
Booq Vyper sells it for $49.95
Or get it for less on Amazon like I did